In addition to serving as general counsel, Ms. Fallat also serves as transition counsel for her community association clients. Transition services include:
- Educating new board members as to all phases of association operations.
- Conducting a comprehensive legal review of the governing documents and making recommendations to the board for appropriate areas of document amendment and/or board resolution.
- Utilizing a “hands-on” approach to the organization and presentation of the association transition reports.
- Working closely with all professionals retained by the association, including the manager, engineer, and accountant to ensure that the parties serving the association function as an effective team.
- Fully exploring and exhausting efforts to obtain favorable settlements through a negotiated process prior to initiating and prosecuting construction defect litigation against developers.
- Litigating transition claims (i.e. construction defects, breach of warranties, financial claims, etc.) against builders in cases where efforts to negotiate have not been fruitful.